Chicago, Illinois, United States, North America
2 + years of Experience
Head of Sales (#293 - MH259)
This is an extraordinary, groundbreaking opportunity for a well‐connected digital
advertising sales executive to join a venture-funded, fast moving, two year old start‐up
comprised of a highly dynamic team of 25+ individuals, led by experienced and inspiring
entrepreneurs with multiple successes. Your track record, experience and unyielding commitment to success are paramount to the selection process.
- Minimum 5‐7 years sales or business development experience with a minimum
of three years in online or mobile ecommerce publishing, affiliate or advertising
with success negotiating and closing agency, brand and/or retailer ad accounts.
- Minimum three years experience in communicating across internal and external
business channels (marketing, sales, legal and technical personnel).
ADVERTISING & PUBLISHER EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in online or mobile advertising with an advertiser, publisher,
ecommerce site, ad network or large agency background preferred.
- Expert knowledge of ecommerce conversion metrics.
- Sales pipeline and funnel management based on Miller Heiman, SPIN or other
recognized sales process.
- An entrepreneurial and tenacious approach to business success.
- Strong analytic skills and tenacious problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a keen sense of urgency,
attention to detail, absolute accuracy and timely follow through.
- Excellent sales, time management and organizational skills with an ability to
rapidly and independently reprioritize tasks as needed.
- Exceptional telephone, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Excel).
- Work independently at Spotzot office and at home as necessary.
- Proven success acquiring, onboarding and managing advertiser accounts,
preferably in the mobile space.
- Proficiency with popular CRM tools.
- Accomplished in dynamics of optimizing advertising campaigns across a
publisher network to achieve customer goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. MBA preferred
- Identify, pitch, and close advertiser accounts with retailers, brands and agencies.
- Lead negotiation of advertiser business agreements.
- Develop strong and mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Develop sales and presentation materials as needed.
- Work closely with management/product teams to define product improvements
to drive increased monetization.
- Maintain pipeline details using CRM tools for maximum efficiency and visibility,
with carefully executed follow‐up to closure.
- Recommend and define best practices to increase efficiency of sales, operational
and support processes.
- Identify and match ad inventory with ideal partner channels to maximize
- Identify ideal ad network channels to maximize monetization, exceeding industry
standards for non‐location and intent‐based targeting.
- Serve as champion and primary point of contact for advertisers w.r.t. to all sales
- Travel as required to represent company at industry trade and networking events.
Job keywords/tags: Agency , Entrepreneurial , Digital , Mobile , Global Brands