Orange County, California, United States, North America
Executive (SVP, EVP, VP etc)
Senior Vice President, Sales (#296 - MH198)
The Sr. VP of Sales is responsible for leading the ad sales strategy, development and execution of sales. This person will establish, lead and grow a digital business, with multiple advertising revenue streams including: display advertising, lead generation, sponsorship, rich media and sponsored listings. In addition, this position will also be heavily focused on running call centers that are focused on our new SMB digital product stack. The Sr. VP of Sales will also closely interact with product, marketing and other executives to ensure timely testing of new products and continuous roll out of products to the market. This person will leverage our installed base of publishers in order to develop and drive a national advertising sales strategy for the site. This position will focus primarily on generating new ad sales revenue, and then managing relationships with established accounts.
- Experience leading and growing an ad-supported digital business.
- Excellent track record of identifying, packaging and selling digital media programs across platforms and navigating market trends.
- “Hands-on” leader with excellent interpersonal skills, high energy, and proven ability to translate clients’ needs into concrete media solutions.
- Excel at preparing and presenting complex client proposals, managing the sales process and negotiating contracts.
- A current, working knowledge of the online and rich media ad space.
- 7-10+ years of media sales or advertising experience.
- 2+ sales management, including experience in hiring and development.
- Must be able to think creatively and strategically, and have a proven track record in aligning and driving deals to successful completion.
- Established relationship across advertising industry (advertisers and agencies.)
- Solid lead-generation experience. Proven ability to prospect and develop new accounts.
- Knowledge and understanding of online marketing strategies such as the economics of CPM, CPC and CPA offers, post-transaction tracking.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a telesales environment preferred.
- Must have the passion, energy and commitment to succeed by working hard and having fun in a dynamic, fast-paced environment (previous start-up experience a plus.)
- Demonstrated leadership in managing sales cycles, negotiating and closing small and large, revenue generating deals.
- Proven expereince motivating a sales team.
- Strong ability to create and articulate effective presentations for a multiple of product and messages to a variety of audiences.
- Identify, recruit and motivate a high-performance team, including Sales Executives and a telesales team.
- Serve as point of contact for ad sales teams for integrated solutions discussions, presentations, sales follow-up, pricing and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Sales in planning and implementing outbound telesales promotions, strategies, and launch of new products.
- Collaborate with executive management to build call center infrastructure in rapid growth entrepreneurial environment.
- Provide leadership for the call center team - including managing both the inbound and outbound staff and programs.
- Assess inventory forecasting and pricing analytics to best capture market demand.
- Create packages across verticals, combining premium inventory with ROS and less valuable inventory to maximize revenue potential.
- Oversee sales force and operations to ensure highest levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Develop and execute results oriented sales strategies for a defined regional market, through solutions based online advertising sales to Agencies and Direct Advertiser.
- Work with product teams to guide the implementation and optimization of advertising opportunities on the site and on an ongoing basis, analyze key performance metrics, adjusting ad units as necessary.
- Interface with product team to enhance product offerings based on advertiser demand.
- Achieve Monthly and Quarterly revenue and SBO goals by proactively seeking new advertisers and by maintaining and extending existing accounts.
- Oversee account management of established advertisers to ensure highest levels level of service, satisfaction and renewal.
- Establish and nurture relationships with Advertising Agencies, direct advertising clients and other media industry contacts.
- Represent Local.com at key industry events, trade shows and conventions.
- Partner with marketing team to drive lead generation and qualification activity as well as achieving team revenue goals.
Job keywords/tags: Sales Strategy , Telesales , Start-Up , Agency